If you’ve ever volunteered to plan for your friend/family member’s baby shower, then you probably have an idea how tedious it gets to be entangled in a list of lists. Planning the Indian-style baby shower decorations at home plays a crucial role in setting the mood and creating a memorable experience. From choosing the perfect theme to selecting the right colours and incorporating creative ideas, the decor should entice and mesh well together.
A Guide to Celebrate & Decorate Home for an Indian Style Baby Shower Function
A well-planned and beautifully decorated home for the Godh Bharai ceremony not only reflects strong management and a failsafe strategy but also becomes an emotional journey to honour womanhood and the birth of a new family member. It's the perfect opportunity to create a delightful ambience that will be cherished by the mom-to-be and guests alike, regardless of dietary restrictions, budget, location, or catering arrangements.
The Heartwarming Traditions of an Indian Godh Bharai
◆Most Indian baby showers are held to celebrate motherhood to quench her cravings and her desire for food palates, inviting all the near and dear ones and taking elders’ blessings. It is usually the woman’s mother and mother-in-law who initiate the proceedings with various scrumptious appetisers displayed following the pregnant mother's favourite foods, which are all offered to her.
These rituals are performed to celebrate the woman in your family or life accustomed to the experience of childbirth and to make their transition to motherhood seamless, even though however difficult the experience might be.
◆ From mom-to-be gifts to the heartwarming wishes, every aspect of the celebration is carefully planned to honor and support the mom-to-be.
◆ And of course, no baby shower is complete without a delicious and beautifully crafted baby shower cakes. These delightful confections not only satisfy the taste buds but also serve as a sweet symbol of love and anticipation for the new arrival
◆ The main items for a traditional godh bharai decoration typically include a large platter called a ‘Puja Thali’ that is filled with raw rice and coconuts, as well as a folded metre-long piece of cloth called a Khana, a palate of her favourite food as a part of a ‘Dohale jevan’ or ‘Seemantham Decoration,’ (a palate of deliciousness prepared with love) and candles or diyas.
Before planning a baby shower, we suggest you pick a theme that would go well with the general decor and furniture of the mother’s house.
Theme Based Godh Bharai Decoration Ideas for Home
- Balloon Theme: A classic decor theme with blue and pink balloons is an age-old traditional way to bring a smile to the mum-to-be’s face. Baby Shower balloon decorations in different styles and shapes is attached to specific corners of your house or your outdoor venue to induce the glory of Godh Bharai.
- Floral Decoration: Flowers are considered sacred in Indian ceremonies, and a theme based on the same wouldn’t be bad. A simple well-arranged flower composition can make anything look better, whether a simple baby shower decoration or a wedding ceremony. Choosing the mother’s favourite flowers would give her olfactory satisfaction at the party.
- Minimalist Theme: Pale and soft hues, monochromatic designs, and woody decor with plant accessorising are all we need for this Seemanthan decor. If no waste is your motto this year, this decor idea is perfect for your baby shower.
- Vintage Theme: A baby shower doesn’t have to embody the themes of childhood, and baby blues and pinks are certainly not the norms. On the contrary, a vintage theme filled with classical decorations can give a fun and fresh vibe to a Godh Bharai ceremony and replicate the mood of an elevated high tea. A vintage renaissance can also be explored as a sub-theme of this.
- Jungle Theme: A nature theme best compliments the ones who love the serenity of the wild. The jungle theme bears the flow of energies that can be aptly used to recognise the beauty inside the mother’s body. She would relate the most with it, and it can create a peaceful ambience where vibes together to welcome the young one. This is one of the highly recommended themes for obvious reasons.
- Disney Theme: It is one of the most entertaining themes that explore designs, colours and layouts inspired by Disney Films and characters cherished by the child within everyone. Watching the photo album of this ceremony with your child when they grow up would be a treat.
- TV Show Theme: An ensemble recreation of a popular sitcom would be another great idea to celebrate this fun-filled day alongside all the family and friends, impersonating their favourite characters.
Traditional Decoration Items for Your Room and Stage
▸ No matter what theme you go on with, the decor must match the overall layout to look aesthetically pleasing to the guests. For baby shower's stage decoration, statement showpieces or table accents placed at the stage's corner would do the magic.
▸The theme you go with should suit the serve-ware like gold plated platters for the Puja and dinner, gold or silver-plated stainless steel cutlery and the dining set would give a glorious look to your baby shower.
▸ Apart from that, you can check out our royal coasters and dispensers that would make your drinking cutlery look luxurious and thematic.
▸ The luxe home decor collection on wildlife added with tropical gifting to the expectant mother. These items will add an extra touch of elegance to the event and make it even more memorable.